Please take a moment to read the
Detailed Appointment and Office Protocols Letter to Patients
before your first appointment:
May 7, 2020
To our Specialty Smiles Patient Family,
We hope you and your family are in good health during this COVID-19 pandemic. We are excited to begin providing care to our patients in person again. As a reminder we will be contacting you to reschedule and confirm appointments. In an effort to abide by some of our new guidelines many appointments will be moved to a later date. We apologize for any inconvenience and we appreciate your patience as we call each of our patients individually.
As we begin to plan the reopening of our office, we would like to assure you that we are taking every measure possible to keep our patients, team, and community safe. Upon returning to our office you will notice several important changes that we would like to make you aware of:
- If you are feeling any respiratory symptoms such as coughing or a sore throat, if you have experienced any flu-like symptoms (fever, chills), loss of taste/ smell, if you have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 within the past 2 weeks or if you have traveled in the past 2 weeks please call us to reschedule your appointment.
- Digital forms will be required from every patient in order to be seen. The COVID-19 Informed Consent should be signed prior to being seen the first time after returning. The COVID-19 Health History should be completed for every visit until further notice.
- Social distancing: In an effort to maintain social distancing we will be asking patients to call our office at 305-822-6784 or text us with the patient’s full name at 305-563-5552 once they have arrived for their appointment. Please wait in your car until notified by a team member that we are ready for your appointment. All parents and companions are asked to wait in the car. If you have a child with special needs or an extenuating circumstance please call the office prior to your appointment.
- Once notified that you can come, in a greeter will meet the patient outside and take their temperature and confirm the questions in the Health History.
- If you are more than 5 minutes late you will be asked to reschedule your appointment. Our schedule has been carefully set up to minimize patients in the office and running behind would make it difficult to maintain.
- We are making an effort to reduce our schedule to keep appropriate distances between patients and reduce aerosols. We appreciate your understanding and patience as many appointments will be changed or adjusted in an effort to do this.
- All appointments will be confirmed by phone call the day before the appointment. If an appointment is not confirmed we may give the time slot to another patient and re-schedule your appointment.
- Please wear your own mask to the office and at all times except when asked to remove it by a team member.
- We will be adding several acrylic sneeze guards.
- We will be providing as many Mobile-friendly forms as possible digitally and we encourage you to send them back to us digitally if possible.
- Our team will be wearing the recommended personal protective equipment. We hope you like our new attire! This is for your protection as well as ours.
- All surfaces in our office will be wiped down stringently and regularly with the appropriate disinfectant to maintain office cleanliness. Deep cleaning will also be regularly preformed throughout the office.
- We are adding a private chair for aerosol procedures to minimize clinical exposure.
- All long appointments will be moved to the end of the day to minimize exposure to other patients of aerosols which can be produced by air, water, and our handpieces. Some appointments such as repairing of broken braces may be postponed or rescheduled at this time if possible.
- We will be installing new air filtration system to sterilize our air to surgical level and acquiring a high volume suction unit to reduce aerosols as well.
- Virtual Appointments: Our office will continue providing virtual appointments to those who would prefer this option. Please let us know if you would like to avoid coming in during this time and would like a virtual appointment to monitor your progress.
- Please make sure to brush and floss prior to your appointment as we will no longer have a tooth brushing station.
We are excited for the changes we are bringing to our office to keep you and your family safe. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we navigate this difficult time. We are doing everything in our power to help reduce the potential spread of the virus while also continuing to provide our patients with the highest level of orthodontic care. If you have any questions or concerns we encourage you to reach out to us by phone, email, text, Instagram, WhatsApp, or Facebook messenger (we have a lot of options!).
We are here for you and we are excited to see you again soon!
Dr. Sedeno, Dr. Alfonso, and the Specialty Smiles team
Initial Reopening Letter to Patients:
May 4, 2020
Dear Specialty Smiles Family,
We have missed you! We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health and that you have not been seriously impacted by this pandemic. While our world has changed in the last few months, we look forward to welcoming you back into our office with added precautions. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety. We can’t wait to see you all Love Your Smile.
We will be preparing our office over the next week to ensure that our office is ready to care for our patients with the highest level of safety. We plan to re-open for patient care on Monday, May 11. Our team will be reaching out to you to confirm or reschedule your appointment over the next few weeks. Thank you in advance for your patience as we begin to implement additional protocols and schedules.
Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice and we will be adapting our systems to keep both you and our team healthy and safe in this new reality. We will be following all appropriate infection control guidelines to ensure this. Some of the changes you may notice are the following:
- We are installing air sterilizers in our air conditioning units, installing barriers for our front desk and New Patient room, and will be scheduling patients to allow for social distancing. That might mean that you ’ll be offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- The office will be cleaned hourly
- To reduce office aerosols we will not be scheduling removal of braces, placement of braces, or repairs in the first two weeks. All scheduled appointments of this type will be rescheduled several weeks out in an effort to spread them out and accommodate all patients.
- New screening forms prior to your appointments will be sent digitally to ensure your health and reduce paper transfer in our office.
- Patients will be asked to wear their own masks. Our team will have full Personal Protective Equipment. Hand sanitizer will be provided to all patients and we will be taking temperatures of all patients and team members daily.
- We will ask you to call or text the office when you arrive in the parking area but wait in your car until we are ready to see you. We are asking that only patients come in for appointments for the time being.
- More detailed information will be emailed in the coming days.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We will be calling you soon make an appointment, but please call us if you need anything before then. Thank you for being a part of our patient family. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back.
Dr. Sedeno, Dr. Alfonso, and the Specialty Smiles Team